Life Coaching Business — 15 Stimulating Questions to Make Your Marketing Easier
Is it your dream to start building a life coaching business that really helps people become the best version of themselves possible? That’s great! I wholeheartedly recommend it because I absolutely love coaching my clients!
What I didn’t love at first, and what you might struggle with, is the marketing aspect. But if you want clients, you have to let them know you’re available to help them. You also want to attract the right clients so you have to make yourself stand out as different, allowing your prospective clients to see why working with you is a good fit.
Over time, I’ve examined and discovered how I want to do my marketing and it’s working great for me because it fits with who I am. If you follow all the links in this article, you’ll see how I’ve turned the following suggestions into practical marketing strategies. You can do the same thing.
When marketing and building your life coaching business, you don’t have to rely on gimmicks, catchy slogans or slimy strategies to get noticed. You do it by just being your awesome self! Yes, that’s the key. When you pursue a rich personal life – in terms of the variety of activities, interests, and hobbies – you set the base for a rich and interesting professional life. People will be eager and intrigued in working or being associated with you because they look up to or feel inspired by you.
Standing out starts with being outstanding personally. – Maria Connolly
The big question is:
How can you make your life coaching business stand out as a unique expression of yourself?
Admittedly, this is one of the hardest exercises that my clients struggle with. For whatever reason, it’s difficult for most people to see their own uniqueness.
The following questions may spark ideas as you try to identify what makes you (and ultimately your life coaching business) unique…
1. Do you have a knack for breaking down big goals into a step-by-step process?
2. Can you make difficult things easy to understand?
3. Have you overcome the same challenges as your clients, so you can show them the way?
4. Can you tell stories that motivate others to act?
5. Are you like a big sister who compassionately looks out for each client?
6. Do you specialize in helping a unique niche – i.e., teens, nurses, CEOs, single moms, or diabetics?
7. Can you offer a unique spin on a current trend?
8. Do you have specialized training that will assist your clients to achieve their goals such as in nutrition, physical fitness, or somatic coaching?
9. Instead of just dry teaching, can you help your clients feel inspired?
10. Can you package a consultation based on an outcome, with defined deliverables and a fixed package price?
11. Is there a problem you can solve that most people won’t handle like smoking cessation, drug rehabilitation, or physical abuse recovery?
12. What kind of strong guarantee can you give – perhaps a no-obligation, 30-minute consultation that provides real value? That works very well for me!
13. What kind of unique touch can you make your signature, i.e., free reports, a gift certificate, catered lunch, recordings of your sessions so they can be reviewed again and again – something more than you promise to deliver that compliments the service you provide?
15. If you don’t provide a service, do you have someone in your network that can, so you become a trusted full-service resource?
Hopefully, this will get you started on developing your unique identity when building your life coaching business brand. My mission is to empower and inspire women so that they can inspire and empower others. If you’re still not sure what yours is…
I’d love to help you identify and develop the skills you need to make your life coaching business stand out and thrive. If you’re ready to take the leap, I invite you to contact me, for a no-obligation, no-slimy sales pitch conversation about where you are and where you want to be. We can also explore how my new Stepping Forward Program may be exactly what you’re looking for. If it’s not, that’s okay. I guarantee that you will walk away with a little bit more clarity and renewed inspiration.
Thank you for the photo Kenny Eliason